From New York to New Zealand via Manchester, the 25 hottest new hotels on the planet ranked by the 2021 Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards
- The list was determined with an algorithm analysing non-large chain hotels that opened July 1, 2019, or later
- It contains a Turkish hotel with rooms in a cave, a Californian Art Deco hotel and a UK-based aparthotel
- Tripadvisor says: ‘These newly established boltholes are what vacation dreams are made of’
Is your wanderlust cold and dormant?
These hotels might warm it up a bit – because they are the top 25 hottest new hotels on the planet, as ranked by the 2021 Travellers’ Choice Awards.
The list was determined with an algorithm analysing non-large chain hotels that opened July 1, 2019, or later and received a high volume of positive reviews and ratings.
Needless to say, every inch of those that have made it into the coveted hall of fame is insta-worthy, from a ‘perfectly positioned’ hotel in Manchester to an ‘urban beach getaway’ in New York, and from accommodation in Santorini that’s like being ‘inside a postcard’ to a jaw-dropping Balinese eco-retreat.
As Tripadvisor says, ‘these newly established boltholes are what vacation dreams are made of’.
Here we’ve presented the ranking in reverse order, so the further you scroll, the more fired up your wanderlust is likely to get…
25. THE FIVES OCEANFRONT, PUERTO MORELOS, MEXICO: This five-star oceanfront property sits on an inviting sandy shoreline in front of the Puerto Morelos Reef National Park. Tripadvisor says the views are ‘exceptional’, with guests finding themselves ‘face to face with the majestic ocean from their rooms’
24. BLUE KOTOR BAY PREMIUM SPA RESORT, DONJI STOLIV, MONTENEGRO: ‘A haven’ with ‘a sense of home and harmony’ is how Tripadvisor describes this adult-only resort in the Bay of Koto. One reviewer says: ‘It’s definitely the best hotel on the Montenegrin coast! This was my third time and I would choose it again!’
23. ARALIYA RED, NUWARA ELIYA, SRI LANKA: The Araliya Red sits in the luscious rolling green hills of Sri Lanka’s Tea Country and describes itself as one of the very best hotels in the area. It features over 300 rooms and 30 suites that are ’embellished in colonial charms’, with guests enjoying ‘magnificent vistas of misty mountains’, according to its site. One satisfied guest on Tripadvisor says: ‘It was a wonderful and peaceful place to stay’
Share this article
22. ARIA RESORT & SPA, NASHIK, INDIA: This hotel is set amid ‘lush gardens’ near the Gangapur dam with the Sahyadri mountain range beyond. The heated infinity pool affords guests ‘outrageous views’ and the surrounds can be soaked up from the bedrooms, too, as each one has a balcony ‘overlooking the valley beyond’. The hotel adds: ‘With their modern aesthetic and plush interiors, they’re the perfect place to rest and reinvigorate’
21. LITTLE NATIONAL HOTEL SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: ‘Comprising 230 rooms over 12-storeys, this luxurious hotel will offer affordable luxury to all in an efficient space that requires no compromises,’ says Tripadvisor. And within a heartbeat of this four-star property are some of Sydney’s iconic attractions, which can be accessed via undercover pathways. One guest writes on Tripadvisor: ‘The location is so convenient for getting around the city’
20. RISE UPTOWN, PHOENIX, ARIZONA: This locally owned boutique hotel has 79 guest rooms, a poolside bar, a rooftop cocktail lounge and a ‘hometown coffee shop’. Tripadvisor user ‘Kate K’ says: ‘It was chill, fun, energising, and revitalizing’
19. THE DARLING HOTEL, VISALIA, CALIFORNIA: Tripadvisor describes this 32-room Art Deco hotel, boasting panoramic views of the Sierra Nevadas, as ‘being reimagined and redesigned to the tastes and sensibilities of the modern era’. It adds that this darling of a hotel, which was once the former Tulare County courthouse annex, ‘hosts tastefully designed accommodations and is crowned with a rooftop restaurant and lounge’
18. ULAMAN ECO RETREAT, TABANAN, BALI, INDONESIA: This jaw-dropping property in a remote area of Bali is described as ‘a secluded, lush haven of tranquillity’ that, according to Tripadvisor, is ‘designed for people who strive to live more consciously without compromising comfort and luxury’. The extravagant accommodation consists of 11 eco-luxury guest villas, which can accommodate up to 22 guests
17. HOTEL BROOKLYN, MANCHESTER: The website for this gem describes the bedrooms as ‘stylish and comfortable’ and Tripadvisor points out that the property is ‘perfectly positioned for shopping, nightlife, art and culture and all of Manchester’s commercial and business hubs’. It adds: ‘It is also the most advanced hotel for guests with accessibility needs.’ One reviewer says: ‘I was impressed and would stay again’
16. ROOMZZZ APARTHOTEL, YORK, YORKSHIRE: This property is the highest-ranked UK hotel. Here there are four room types available for guests to stay in – the Smart Studio, Smart Studio Balcony, Smart Studio River View and Smart Studio with Balcony and River View. One guest who stayed at the hotel this month writes on Tripadvisor: ‘Our stay at Roomzzz was perfect’
15. ADIWAMA BISMA, UBUD, BALI, INDONESIA: This is a ‘resort like no other’, according to Tripadvisor, with ‘luxury on its DNA’. Guests are invited to stay in rooms with décor described as ‘Balinese elements with tasteful contemporary style’ that offer views of either a garden, jungle or a rice field
14. HOTEL FITZROY CURATED BY FABLE, AUCKLAND CENTRAL, NEW ZEALAND: Tripadvisor describes this five-star property, located in the middle of Auckland’s trendiest district, as a fusion of ‘classic, old-world charm and contemporary living’. This inviting ‘oasis’ features ’10 exquisite suites that will charm you with luxury service and amenities’, adds the site
13. THE MANOR HOTEL BY JA, DUBAI, UAE: Tripadvisor describes this hotel as dominating on the outside and having work-friendly bedrooms on the inside that each feature a ‘slimline workstation’ and ‘practical seating area’. And the service? Top. Tripadvisor user ‘Ahmad R’, who stayed at the property this month, writes: ‘From the moment I arrived, I was treated like royalty’
12. GRAND COSMOPOLITAN HOTEL, DUBAI, UAE: Guests staying here will be in the thick of Dubai’s cosmopolitan city life. This five-star hotel is located in the Al Barsha area, the centre of the country’s various commercial and leisure hubs. Tripadvisor highlights that the property’s key design elements focus on ‘space and daylight’ to support the ‘discerning business traveller and the demanding family holidaymaker’
11. THE OLD FOUNDRY HOTEL, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA: Tripadvisor labels this property, parts of which date back to 1876, as ‘the best boutique hotel in Cape Town’. The hotel’s site says guests can choose from 24 rooms, which are all uniquely designed with ‘custom headboards, hand-selected antique furniture, decorative tiling and local artwork’. It adds that it provides a ‘true experience of old-world sophistication and contemporary elegance’
10. THE ROCKAWAY HOTEL, ROCKAWAY PARK, NEW YORK: Want to see New York from a different perspective? Rooms at this ‘urban beach getaway’ in Rockaway Beach ‘are designed to be chic, coastal retreats… and offer views of the Atlantic Ocean, Jamaica Bay and the Manhattan skyline’
9. ACE HOTEL KYOTO, JAPAN: Located in the cultural epicentre of Japan, this fascinating property is set in a ‘part historic structure that was once home to a beloved landmark telephone company’, reveals Tripadvisor. Its lobby, pictured, features a dedicated art gallery. Guest ‘Amy T’ writes: ‘It’s everything you’d expect from an Ace Hotel with elevated details perfect for the Kyoto experience’
8. MANDARIN EASTVILLE HOTEL, PATTAYA, THAILAND: Tripadvisor has listed this as one of its ‘top picks’ in the city of Pattaya. ‘Rooms feature elegant touches of the oriental art of Zen and classic western style, with decor designed to aid in relaxation,’ says the site. User ‘Nii Natthamon’, who stayed at the property in April, writes: ‘If you are looking for a nice place to relax, I highly recommend this hotel’
7. EMELINE, CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA: This four-star property, nestled among the cobblestone streets and brightly coloured row houses in Charleston’s historic district, ‘provides a warm welcome’ for guests, says Tripadvisor. The site adds: ‘Emeline is a clever and thoughtfully designed retreat crafted for the curious traveller.’ Rooms are described as being ‘complemented with contemporary touches’
6. OLUDENIZ BLU LUXURY UNIQUE HOTEL, OLUDENIZ, TURKEY: Exceptional customer service is at the forefront of this Turkish property, located in the resort village of Oludeniz. ‘Blu hospitality means not to meet all expectations of our guests, but to exceed their expectations every single day,’ states the property’s website. One Tripadvisor reviewer, who gave it five stars, says: ‘My wife and I fell in love with this hotel from the first sight! Luxury rooms with private swimming pools’
5. HOTEL BIDAIA, SAN SEBASTIAN, DONOSTIA, SPAIN: This hotel, explains Tripadvisor, dates back to 1912 and is located in a unique villa in the central Gros neighbourhood of San Sebastian. The site reveals that the property’s history is upheld through original materials used in each room
4. PERIDOT GRAND HOTEL & SPA BY AIRA, HANOI, VIETNAM: This infinity pool contributes to this five-star boutique hotel in Hanoi’s Old Quarter being an ‘oasis of tranquillity’. Tripadvisor highlights that the hotel ‘stands out as an artistic and urban-chic place, fusing natural elements, yet combining sophisticated luxury with captivating grandeur and uncompromising service’
3. ANTTUNINA POUSADA SPA, MARAGOGO, BRAZIL: Tripadvisor says this property in north-eastern Brazil is ‘located on the most beautiful beach’ with calm, crystal-clear waters that ‘delight visitors’. Guests stay in bungalows that include a heated swimming pool and a whirlpool
2. ARMENAKI SANTORINI, GREECE: A scene straight out of a movie is how Tripadvisor describes this luxury boutique property, perched on a caldera cliff on Greece’s most mystical volcanic island. One guest on Tripadvisor writes: ‘This hotel is exactly what you would expect as the perfect hotel in Santorini. You literally go “inside the postcard”‘
1. ARINNA CAPPADOCIA, GOREME, TURKEY: The No1 hottest new hotel is a stunning luxury 10-room cave lodge that, according to Tripadvisor, has travellers ‘buzzing’. The site points out: ‘Some of the rooms are real cave rooms and some of the rooms are local stone rooms with a view of Goreme town and its balloons’
Source: Read Full Article