Woman explores abandoned war ship after 75 years – you won’t believe what’s inside

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

This World War II navy ship has been left decaying underwater for the past 75 years.

That’s until a brave woman decided to explore the haunting wreckage while on a trip to the Egyptian Red Sea.

Photographer Super Jolly snapped breathtaking images of the sunken SS Thistlegorm, showing the rusty remains of the boat.

*** Man explores cruise ship abandoned for 30 years – you won’t believe what’s inside ***

But her haunting shots also revealed what lay hidden inside the vessel for more than seven decades.

Still on board the armed freighter were army vehicles including a truck and motorbikes, aircraft spare parts and radio equipment – all encrusted in underwater debris and surrounded by sea life.

The military items were supposed to be delivered to the Allies in Alexandria, Egypt back in 1941 but the impressive cargo ship disappeared en route.

The SS Thistlegorm sunk 30m beneath the surface after it was bombed by two German planes.

Meanwhile this isn’t the abandoned ship to hide an amazing secret.

The Duke of Lancaster has been left untouched at Llanerch-y-Mor in Flintshire, North Wales, for three decades since making it’s last voyage in 1979.

Shortly after there were plans to convert the beached boat into a floating leisure and retail complex called The Fun Ship but it never happened.

Few people have gone inside the boat until recently when a group of people discovered there was a precious haul on board.

It turns out The Duke of Lancaster was hiding over 50 arcade machines from the “golden era” which had been sealed shut inside for years.

Oliver Moazzezi, a member of arcade machine enthusiast forum Ukvac.com, told blogger Tony Temple how he went about gaining access to the cruise ship.

He said: "I spent eight months trying to contact the owners of the place I could see the games in.

"I phoned the council, I phoned the Post Office in the town and phoned everywhere, each time getting another clue in the puzzle that would lead me to the owners of this place that had the games in.

"I finally contacted the owners in January 2011 after going through the said local councils, local shops and finally got in contact with a family member.

"This family member put me in contact with the owners and we started talking.

"Two things came out of that. The arcade machines were for sale and I could go see them.”

Source: Read Full Article